Certified Tax Representation Consultants possess specialized knowledge in five areas of tax representation and are highly valued by taxpayers. Become a CTRC, and join an elite group of experts providing taxpayers with best-practice tax representation solutions.
Who Can Apply to Become a Certified Tax Representation Consultant
The requirements for earning the Certified Tax Representation Consultant include all of the following
- Be an attorney, CPA, or EA in good standing with your state bar, state board, or the IRS.
- Successfully complete all five sections of the Certified Tax Representation Consultant Course. This includes 20 hours of continuing education with exams in five areas of tax representation.
- You are not required to become a Tax Rep Network member to earn your CTRC, but you will benefit from substantial course discounts if you are a member. Check your Tool Box Account for your special deal!
- Complete and submit the application to become certified.
Benefits of the Certified Tax Representation Consultant Credential
CTRCs distinguish themselves from other tax resolution professionals simply by holding the credential. It shows taxpayers and other tax professionals that you have gone the extra mile in your tax representation training and education to learn about and be able to deliver the best solutions to your clients.
- Improve your marketability and visibility with the CTRC credential.
- Stand above your competition with a designation they do not have.
- Produce better results for your clients by learning best practices in tax representation.
- Enhance your career opportunities and boost your professional reputation as a thought leader.
How to Get Started
These five topics form the foundation of the CTRC designation.
- IRS Examinations
- IRS Collections
- Resolving Payroll Tax cases
- Innocent Spouse
Each course is four hours in length. Each course includes a 20-questions exam. You will earn four hours of NASBA QAS Self-Study CPE and IRS CE for each successfully completed module. You must complete and pass all five courses and their exams.
You can complete the modules in any order. You can purchase them one at a time or all at once.
You have one year from the completion date of the first module to complete the remaining four modules.